The Behaviour Management Systems program was developed by the Ontario Educational Services Corporation, with the support of the Ministry of Education, in response to concerns expressed by Officials, Principals and staff for a program suited to an educational setting.
Our program emphasizes the understanding and use of proven early intervention techniques of a non-physical nature, while recognizing and addressing the need for safe and effective physical interventions. Accordingly, we provide:
- training and certification in Behaviour Management theory, strategies and techniques
- leadership and resources to assist Trainers and Practitioners in Behaviour Management
- ongoing support and networking through a hotline, and interactive website
- annual refresher courses for Trainers and Practitioners.
- designed by educators, for use by educators
- designed for students of any age
- consistent with Labour Statutes, Safe Schools Initiatives and Education Act requirements
- integrated with: Individual Education Plans; Behaviour Plans; School Safety Plans; incident reporting
- a bilingual, theory based, results oriented systems approach
- stresses early prevention and intervention techniques
- teaches effective and safe physical intervention techniques
- supported by interactive web site
- supported by telephone hotline.
- cost effective, Training of Trainer model (available locally)
- instruction of Trainers: (21 hours); groups of 4 to 12; refreshed annually (6 hours)
- training of Practitioners: (6 hours); groups of 20; refreshed annually (3 hours).